Waterfront

View from the waterfront. 

The river meets the sea. 

Pool timings. 

-Brian Mendonca

There is nothing like starting your day with a swim. After dropping Dwayne to school and picking up fruit from the Panjim market, I headed to Campal to the sports complex. 

The weather was still dull and I was wondering if it would rain. But it held up. I was also pleased that the pool opened at 8 a.m. I paid my ₹50 for a dip and walked in - but not before clicking those pictures above of the bay and the river Mandovi. The tide was coming in and the sea was grey. 

I did four laps of the Olympic swimming pool at the far end. This one is 25 metres in length and begins with a depth of 6.5 metres going up to what has simply been stated as 'deep.'

All around me there was activity as the learners were put through their paces in the learners' pool. They then moved to the training pool. Very few used the Olympic pool. 

I felt energized after swimming. I felt my body becoming lithe. I was more comfortable swimming at Campal now, and knew the routines. I was not a novice anymore, as I was when I came in April to check out the pool. In May I swam at the YMCA, Delhi when we were holidaying. 

The complex is spacious, the washrooms, shower cubicles and changing rooms are clean and well-maintained. Anti-skid mats are placed everywhere. Life guards are present. The water was liquid and fresh. No smell of chlorine.

It was 9.30 a.m when I was done. It may be a misnomer to say I am enjoying swimming in the monsoon in Goa, but I am doing just that. 

The last two days it had been raining, so I could not use the pool. 
-------------------------
Pix taken by Brian Mendonca at Sports Authority of Goa (SAG) complex, Campal, Goa on 14 June 2024.

Comments