The circle of life

 

7 a.m. Mass at Holy Family Church, Porvorim

-Brian Mendonca

On my special day I was so grateful for life, the people around me, and for the joy of the universe. 

The day began with 7 a.m. Mass. Being the feast of the Holy Rosary, all were wishing each other after Mass. On my request, Father mentioned it was my birthday at the beginning of the Mass. I was grateful to Zelda for taking the boys to school so I could attend the service. 

When I shared the batika specially prepared by Queenie to mark the occasion people wished me and said good things to me. Students milled around me waiting their turn to shake my hand. Many of them I did not know. 

One made a card for me, another brought a cake and doce from  Temptations, Vasco for me. My colleagues sang for me with several capturing it on their phones. I did not know in my quiet way I meant do much to them - that I made a difference to their lives. 

Some messages were so poignant I want to keep them, cherish them. They give you an idea who you are, who you have become, and what others think of you.  

Sharing a few here:

Today on your birthday, celebrate your goodness, your child like positive, innocent approach  to life coupled with your maturity and immense knowledge of life in general. Celebrate your uniqueness  as you stand out from the crowd due to the goodness of your soul. 

Wishing you happiness, the company of your loved ones and good health always. 

Thanks to Queenie too!

-Sumathi Satardekar (Colleague) 

Happy birthday Sir!🥰 Your kind and understanding nature makes you not only a great teacher but also a wonderful person. Thank you for always being so patient and tolerant with us.💖We are very lucky to have you and I wish you all the happiness and success you deserve this year!☺️

-Merrill Fernandes (Final Year Student) 
-------------------------------------------
Pic taken by Brian Mendonca at Holy Family church, Porvorim, Goa on 7 October 2024.

Comments