'You have so much going for you.'

 

Plenitude

- Brian Mendonca

This morning I happened to offer a lift to a friend, after dropping Dwayne to school. In passing, the person referred to my recent interview done by Prasar Bharati in the studios of AIR, New Delhi. 

The interview had been shared on one of the groups by a media analyst and friend in Goa. After having listened to it my friend remarked, 'You have so much going for you, ' 

Sometimes when creative people work in isolation they are unaware of the impact their lives have on others. They misinterpret when people ignore them on social media, to be a rejection of their art. 

The comment alerted me to the fact that I sometimes misjudge myself. Though people may not validate me publically on the group - and one should accept that - their views are shaped by my ideas. Social media has its own traction. It works silently. I discovered that there are already 40 views of my post. 

It is easy to belittle what one has achieved so far in life. But one must not become one's worst enemy. Expectations of oneself rigged on other people's assumptions can only lead to unhappiness. 

One is often oblivious of how gifted we are. We need to be reminded that life is beautiful. 

It is unwise to follow the path of the beautiful and talented Lipi Rastogi (27) the daughter of parents who were IAS officers, and who jumped from the 10th floor at 4 a.m. - because she did not perform well. 
--------------------------
Updated 6/6/24.

Comments