GOX-DEL

 

GOX-DEL

From our balcony at YMCA, New Delhi

Dwayne goes for a swim. 

- Brian Mendonca

This was the Saturday we were all waiting for. We chose a morning flight into Delhi from Goa so we could avail of lunch at the YMCA tourist hostel, near Jantar Mantar, where we had booked our accommodation. 

We just managed to get lunch at 3.15 p.m. when we arrived. We were greeted by Puran Chand in the dining area who remembered me and even the place I used to sit 13 years back. 

We did a recce of the Foyer at YMCA where my book launch on Monday, 20th May, was to be held. We decided to change the venue to the conference room which was a much wiser choice. 

The most dramatic moment was when I opened one of the suitcases to discover to my horror that one of the packets of Goan sausages we had brought to distribute to family had leaked. The oil had seeped out partially and the whole room was filled with the smell. I scrambled to rescue my books carried for the launch and lifted them out just in time before any got soiled. 

As I swam in the YMCA pool I realized I could not so the full length and started feeling tired. I decided not to overdo things and headed back to our comfortable room to rest. This was going to be our home for a week till 24th May. 
--------------------------
Pix taken on Saturday, 18 May 2024. Updated 8/6/24.

Comments