Fundacao Oriente 2023

Damodar Mauzo speaks at the awards evening. 

 - Brian Mendonca

It was a sheer delight to meet Sir Damodar Mauzo who was the guest of honour at the awards function of the Fundacao Orient short story competition 2023.

As I pressed my book Jasmine City: Poems from Delhi in his hand we both knew I had come a long way. Sir was my rock, my lodestar when I was in Delhi. It was he who helped me get my first job in Goa when we returned. We fondly recalled how we had met in the foyer of Goa Sadan, Amrita Shergil Marg, Delhi. 

Through his writing, his conviction, and his espousal of issues dear to Goa, he is a beacon of inspiration to all of us. He began his speech in English with the customary welcome in Konkani.

 


----------------------
Pic taken by Brian Mendonca at the awards ceremony of the annual short story competition 2023 organized by Fundacao Oriente at its premises in Panjim, Goa on 15 December 2023.


Comments