Blogging on the run

Mosaic at Parra tinto. 

  -Brian Mendonca

There are times when it is not easy to blog. You may be travelling; you may not have your preferred device with you; you may be in digital detox mode; or you are just tired. I have felt all of these. 

Specially during the month of May, life has been a blur of movement. I have literally been on the run and at one time I was in four cities on four days, viz. 25th May in Goa; 26th in Pune; 27th in Kharghar; and 28th in Chennai. From 25th to 28th I did not carry my laptop since it was just too heavy. 

However, I did take pix from my phone wherever I went. Be it food, the scenery, family occasions, or anything I fancied. Since all the pix were stored date-wise in my gallery on my phone it was easy to retrieve them.

But there was a catch. I did not want to upload my posts in random order. I wanted to post them in the sequence in which the events happened. That would make it easier to piece together my memories. Sometimes I wished I didn't have so many things to write about!

I had a blog backlog of about a month. The last post I had uploaded was the one I did on Shiraz on Eid on 22 April 2022. There were about 20 blogposts I had ideas for - and photographs. We were into the last week of May and I had to do something. Fast. From the 27th to 31st May I successfully uploaded all of them. 

There were many subjects I wished to write a blog about. There was my garlic omelette which I had made on 26th April; the visit to Pilar church for Sunday Mass on 30th April; the getaway to Betalbatim with Kingfish curry and rice at Cota Cozinha and dinner at Martins on 5th May - all of these I uploaded in a quiet moment in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai on 27th May. The next day (28th May) I uploaded a post on being inspired to write a poem at Majorda (I still haven't written it). 

On 29th May, in Kharghar, I uploaded my brave attempt to make chittio mittio in Goa on 10th May and how I saw a Class X boy cutting fish in Panjim market on 11 May. I also uploaded my successful first attempt at bhendi bhaji with kokum at home on 12th May; how Reshma and Meelagrin helped us at Dabolim and Mumbai airports on 13th May; and our visit to Peace Music House, Kharghar on 15th May. 

On the last day of May - 31st May - I uploaded 9 posts! That was my deadline. These included the delectable Malwani fare in Kharghar which we relished; and the family dinner on 15th May; the visit to the Albuquerques on 20th May; the morning sun in Goa on 24th May; the bus routes from Mapusa on 25th May; the bus journey to Pune on 25th-26th May; birthday celebrations on 27th May; Harrisons hotel, Chennai on 28th-29th May; and a quiet meal by the river Sal, Cavelossim, on 30th May when we got back after all the frenetic travelling. 

My blog is up-to-date now. I am happy I persevered in sharing my posts - many of which I uploaded on the run, on my phone, snatching moments when I could. I look forward to fleshing out and editing these posts in greater detail.
-----------------------------
Pic taken by Brian Mendonca at Parra on 11 May 2023. 

Comments