The Flavour of Diversity

A culinary journey across India.
-Brian Mendonca

15th August was ushered in with a sumptuous Sunday repast of a Shravan thali from Maharashtra on 14th. As we made our way through the Bharleli Vangi, we recalled the fare not so long ago at Malvan where we stayed overnight. 

On the 15th I got a chance to wear the dressy white kurti I had picked up on Bakri Eid last month (9-10th July).

I went in the morning to my work place at Nuvem for the flag hoisting at 8.30 a.m. After that I raced back for the flag hoisting at 10 at Porvorim. We took our family pic against the backdrop of the stage. 

Family Day was being celebrated in our church on this day. So after I got back we all trooped in to the compounds of Holy Family church, Porvorim to mingle with the community. Late morning saw me delving into a delicious homemade chicken xacuti with pao watching a group of youngsters doing their thing on the guitar on a makeshift stage.

Independence Day 2022
I proudly came home with just published copies of the May-July 2022 issue of the Holy Family Church bulletin. I am on the editorial team and we fielded several articles on the significance of the feast of the Assumption and Independence day.

For lunch Dwayne tucked happily into his rice with the pork sorpotel we had picked up at the stalls selling food for the Family Day. After a brief nap, we raced to Panjim for the 6 p.m. Mass at the shrine of Our Lady of Fatima at Don Bosco school. It was a day of obligation, we reminded Dwayne who wanted to participate in the events organized by our society youth group the same evening.

Shravan thalis across India.

Goa was all decked out for I-day with even the Atal Setu across the Mandovi looking splendid in the flag colours at night. With two back-to-back holidays we were flooded with tourists. Atithi Devo Bhava.

We rolled in from Panjim just in time for a game of housie. I ended the day sending off my keynote address for a national seminar around 1 a.m. this morning. 

Comments

Ananda Giri said…
Good to read,congrats for gettingg on
The Editorial Board,what an hectic day you had;