JFK

 -Brian Mendonca

Interiors at JFK.
Facade of JFK.


No. This is no reference to the usual associations with JFK. The acronym stands for Jackfruit kitchen - which we visited this afternoon.

Tucked away in Porvorim, literally behind Copperleaf  is this amazing place which has had a run of around 2 years.

The warm interiors gave me refuge after driving from the South on a rainy day.

I began with 30 ml. of local feni. Initially I opted for a soda but it was too chilled. I diluted it with water instead. It was intoxicating.

The prawn thali and the kingfish thalis were ordered. It was Sao Joao after all.

We decided to try the jackfruit chilly starter - something from the themed menu. It was delicious.
Jackfruit tree on the porch.
Jackfruit chilly starter.

I followed it up with another 30 ml. of the brew. This time I laced it with salt and chucked in a chilly. It was a great meal with family. 

Jackfruit Kitchen and Bar has AC indoor as well as outdoor seating. They also offer jackfruit biryani. 
------------------------------
Pix by Brian Mendonca.

Comments