Sun-warm

Van Gogh detail

-brian mendonca

Sun-warm
on a September day
The light oozing in
like a lover

mild in the morn
capricious in the afternoon 
lambent at twilight.

You sustain me
through the livelong day
as I type away
my poems on the globe

Sun - Surya - Inti
Orb of energy infinite
You meld our moods 
into sweet September.

Now, at 7 
thy shaft of light recedes
as you transit to Virgo.

Rain wets us all

I grope in darkness
but not for long
till you embrace me 
in your warmth

mais uma vez.

(10 September 2021
Porvorim, Goa)
-------------------------------------
'Sun-warm' was suggested by reading an article by Amruta Patil titled 'Returning to Mahabalipuram.' Indian Quarterly. https://indianquarterly.com/?p=1456
Virgo: According to vedic astrology the sun changes its placement and transits to the zodiac sign Virgo on 17 September 2021. It is a good period to organize one's energy.
mais uma vez: 'one more time' (Portuguese)

Comments