Aloo Shimla Mirch

 

Capsicum vegetable

Would you learn to make Shimla Mirch from someone who lives in Ireland? Not likely, right? Thank goodness I found out that later - after I had made my capsicum vegetable.

Well, the back story. This vegetable came out very well. So I decided to blog it.  I had tried my hand at the  aloos, the cauliflower and the brinjal (smoked 😡), during the vacation. I wanted to push the envelope. Capsicums were the only sabzi left in the fridge on that last day of the month. Why not give it a try?

The website cookingwithsapana seemed friendly enough to venture to surf the recipe on the website. I know that the luscious images of the dishes on the net only remain sapnas (dreams) in my book, but what the heck. 

Cut to the chase. I've been to Shimla. When I cook a dish from a place I travel to that place in my mind. I figured that if a vegetable is identified - at least in Delhi  - as Shimla mirch, Shimla had proprietary rights over the capsicum (green). For some reason capsicums are also called Bell Peppers. 😐

INGREDIENTS

Capsicums 3 - cubed, seeds removed
Potatoes 2 - cubed
Tomatoes 2 - chopped
Chilly - 2

A teaspoon each of
Ginger grated
Garlic minced
Cumin seeds (Jeera)
Tumeric
Coriander powder
Chilly powder
Salt

Olive oil 

Garnishing
Garam masala
Coriander leaves, fresh, chopped

METHOD

Saute the potatoes till brown.
Add ginger garlic and masalas
Add tomatoes and green chilly
Add capsicums, Stir till tender.
Add potatoes. Mix.
Add garnishing

Tip
I used boiled potatoes and added a dash of sugar.

Taste
It came out very well. All enjoyed and I felt really good to see the family relishing it. I even took it for tiffin to work. 
-------------------------
Pic of capsicum vegetable made by me on 31 August 2021. 😊 Recipe courtesy Sapana Behl @ cookingwithsapna.com  https://cookingwithsapana.com/capsicum-potato-stir-fry/

Comments