Egg bhurji morning

Egg bhurji

My  egg bhurji turned out rather well this morning. πŸ˜€ It has been a while since I made it so I decided why not? This time I used certain flourishes which quite enhanced the taste. I used a generous dab of ginger garlic paste which Queenie had tucked away in the fridge. I also used ghee at the outset rather than the usual vegetable oil. The piece de resistance were the mushrooms which were called for - though I do not remember noticing any individual flavour of it.  Perhaps it melded really well and combined with the other flavours. I also on an impulse threw in some cashew nuts bits after chopping them up. The butter went in at the end and receded in rivers across the mix. The garnishing with the chopped coriander turned out well. The lime gave it just the right tang to be had with fresh Goan pao. I was glad that all enjoyed it at home.

What also helped was to frequently taste the bhurjii as it was cooking. The last time I made a capsicum frittata it turned out quite bland - because I simply did not taste what was cooking.πŸ˜’

This time I took care to take a pic after transferring the bhurji to a serving dish. This set is special as it was inaugurated this month itself on our anniversary. 😊
 -------------------------------------------------------
Pic by Brian Mendonca on 24th May 2021. Base recipe: Street Style Egg Bhurji at myfoodstory(dot)com

Comments