Isaiah 60 on keyboard

                                             
The reading for today is my favourite, i.e. from Isaiah 60: 1-6. This time I decided to play the song on the keyboard. The original key is E. But I found chord work for A on the net. After transposing it I cracked the chorus on my keyboard at home this evening.

It went something like this:

E                   D                                E
Arise shine out, for your light has come.

E                    D                     E              D - C
The glory of Yahweh is rising on you.

C                      B
Though night still covers the earth

C                      D                               E
And darkness, the peoples - above you     

    D                   E
Yahweh now rises above you.

    D                   E            D  E   D
His glory appears, arise.


I learnt many new chords when I was figuring out the hymn. Rex band was always at the back of my mind. I had heard them perform this at a retreat at Don Bosco, Alaknanda, New Delhi during my Delhi years. I am overjoyed I can play a little of it today.

The song is an exhortation to literally arise, to wake up and be confident for the light of the Lord is upon you. Playing it on keyboard gives you a high and the music heals your soul like in a worship service.

'Arise' has a new connotation this year as I need to focus on fitness. Arise, get on the yoga mat, get walking, exercise. Surely the combination of keeping both the body, mind and spirit toned will pave the way to to a fulfilling new year.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Pic source chaimbentorah(dot)com, Biblical Hebrew Studies. Updated 29 May 2021.

Comments