Broccoli burji

                                         
This morning I made what could best be described as a broccoli burji. I have always liked the flavour of cauliflower.  Baked cauliflower in the pyrex dish in which mum used to serve up dinner remain as fond memories - cauliflower au gratin it was called. Even just boiled cauliflower stumps with a dash of pepper give you a light easy feeling at dinner.

This time I tried broccoli in omlette. It did come out ok last time but was marred by excess salt. But I had also thrown in peppered salami and a generous helping of cheese. Today I did nothing of that sort.

I sauteed the broccoli with onions, green chilly, salt,  few chopped basil leaves and saffron in olive oil. Then I pitched in 4 eggs after whipping them with a dash of milk. As it turned out the omelette stuck to the pan and had to be renamed as a burji. 

It tasted nice. The flavour was mild and light. The green flowerets beamed at me. This is a no-nonsense broccoli burji with a blend of continental* and Indian.  
----------------------------------
*Continental cuisine is a blend of olive oil, wine, herbs and minimal spices. Pic of Queenie's baked cauliflower - the way mum used to make it.

Comments