Roti wraps

 

Breakfast station with roti wrap and tea

I last made roti wrap two months ago on a Sunday in October. This time I enjoyed myself more while making it because I knew what to expect. This time I did not saute the onions and I did not add cheese. I simply chopped capsicums, onions, chilly, tomato and coriander and added them to the 5 eggs, and a dash of milk, after beating them. I also added chilly powder, salt and pepper (no garam masala). 

This time I was more confident in making the wraps. I put the roti on the  egg mix and dabbed it down for the mix to cook and meld with the roti. After the egg base cooked, I put a plastic plate on the tava and flipped the egg roti onto it so that the egg base faced upward on the plate. Then I slid the egg roti onto the pan again so the roti was at the bottom now.  I repeated this procedure about 6 times - so we had 6 egg rotis. What helped this time, was that I put two small serving spoons of the egg mix on a small tava for each roti wrap. That way they turned out proportionate and appetizing.                                            

The egg rotis were consumed in 10 minutes flat (though breakfast took and hour to make). Since the onions etc. were not sauted, the egg rotis were light and easy to digest. Dwayne was dubious about its taste since there was no cold meat, but he enjoyed it all the same. With a Christmas CD in the background there is nothing like serving the family breakfast on a Sunday. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 Pics taken by Brian Mendonca during the preparation today 13th December 2020, Goa

Comments