Bach, J.S.

 


Friday, 27 November 2020

AIR FM, Goa, Siesta Time 2.30 p.m. to 3 p.m.

 

J. S. Bach (1685-1750)

Ich bin vergnugt mit meinem glucke, BWV 84

Opening Aria. Duration: 4: 34 minutes

---------------------------------------------------------

Ich bin vergnught mit meinem glucke / I am content with my fortune, is a church cantata composed by Johann Sebastian Bach in 1727. It is written for solo soprano and is about four minutes. The opening aria has the following libretto:

 I am content with the fortune

That my dear God bestows on me.

If I am not to have the comfort of riches

Then I thank him for little gifts

And am also not worthy of these.

The text is believed to have been composed by Picander. It is based on the Gospel for the day about the parable of the workers in the  vineyard (Mathew 20: 1-16).

-------------------------------------------

 Pic courtesy: bachipedia

Comments